Event Sous Chef - London
Event catering in London's unique and unusual venues and at locations throughout the UK has been Payne and Gunter's passion for over 25 years. We pride ourselves on offering exquisite food which has been carefully designed in line with current market trends and with an underlying emphasis on maintaining our ethos of providing excellent British food...with a twist!
We are looking for a talented and experienced Sous Chef to join our team to assist the Head Chef catering in some of the most prestigious and exciting Venues in the country.Package description
Up to £35,000 per annum
To work 5 out of 7 days in line with business needs.Main responsibilities
- To assist the Head Chef to ensure that the Silver HSE standards are achieved and maintained within the CPU and on events to include all food safety sheet and Compass Group HSE guidelines
- To assist with detailed specifications for all our dishes so the kitchen team can follow to maintain product consistency
- Support the Head Chef with new food trends and innovation and implementation
- To assist the Head Chef with costing our menu selection
- To ensure portion control, correct preparation and storage methods are followed to avoid wastage
- To ensure stock takes are carried out in line with period end timelines, with a focus on cost of stock and how it can be reduced month on month
- To ensure all purchase orders are raised and completed with the necessary information for accounting procedures
- Attend client tastings in the absence of the Head Chef – exceed and deliver expectations to secure business
- Proven experience in a role as Sous Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality'.Great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Sous Chef, Event Chef, Senior Chef de Partie