Head of Media and PR
Head of Media and PR
Travel Industry Organisation - City
£65k - £72k + Benefits
Are you an experienced Media and PR Head looking for a new challenge?
Are you strategically minded with excellent media handling skills and the ability to conduct broadcast media interviews at national and regional level?
Are you able to think on your feet and be responsive in a 24/7 news environment?
Then this could be the role for you….
Joining a leading travel industry organisation in this critical role, the Head of Media and PR will manage the company's media response to ongoing industry issues and crisis incidents, act as a spokesperson in national and regional media and will build and drive effective PR plans.
You will council and influence decision-making at a senior level within the organisation regarding media and PR strategies and you will ensure quality and consistency in content and messaging.
This role will suit a highly experienced Media and PR professional with excellent judgement, critical thinking and strong creative and analytical skills; someone with strong team management and leadership skills is required together with impeccable communication skills.
Previous extensive experience with broadcast media and press office management is a pre-requisite.
Key responsibilities in this Head of Media and PR role include:
- Building and driving the development and implementation of planned, proactive PR plans
- Playing a pivotal role in the crisis management team, running the press office response to issues and incidents
- Acting as a spokesperson among national and regional print and broadcast media
- Leading and managing the busy press office function
- Providing counsel and influence decision-making at a senior level regarding media and communications strategies
- Availability for 24-hour media enquiries and manage/participate in an on-call out of hours press office rota
- Providing coaching and leadership for the media and PR team - ensuring the team delivers high quality, creative and targeted media and PR
- Building relationships with industry and mainstream media, PR colleagues and stakeholders
- Managing the PR budget
- Plus more….
To be successful in this Head of Media and PR role, you will ideally possess:
- Previous extensive experience in a similar Media and PR role, preferably in the travel industry
- Excellent judgement, critical thinking and reasoning
- Ability to conduct broadcast media interviews, think on your feet and be flexible and responsive in a 24/7 news environment
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Team management and leadership experience
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong digital communication knowledge and skills
- Effective budget management skills
This fantastic organisation is looking for an energetic, positive and Media and PR Professional and in return offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you feel you are the right person for the role, please submit your CV in Word format (not PDF) as soon as possible, quoting 'SR - Head of Media and PR'
Thank you for reading this job Media and PR advertisement. Please only apply for this position if you meet the required skills and experience criteria and your CV is free from errors.
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure based on the requirements of our clients. We regret that if you have not been contacted within two working days that your application for this position has been unsuccessful. However, please check your junk email folder to ensure that your spam filter hasn't blocked an email from us. We receive many CVs a day and are unable to enter into telephone conversations until we have completed our initial selection procedure.
If you are already registered with Carousel Consultancy, please contact your Consultant directly to discuss any vacancies you see advertised. You do not need to reapply.
To help you in your job search, please visit our website which has useful advice including specimen CVs, interview tips and how to help you in your search for the perfect role.