- Full Time
Our client, a leading independent Surrey firm of Accountants have a rare career opening for an ACA or ACCA Qualified to lead their Audit team. This is a key position within the firm and will report directly to the Partners.
The purpose of the role is to effectively develop and deliver value added services to a portfolio of clients, both in the corporate and not for profit sectors, whilst developing strong relationships at all levels.
The main duties are as follows:
- Manage a diverse range of audit clients across a variety of sectors with turnovers ranging to £60M
- Manage other corporate clients which fall outside the audit threshold, principally those which have more complex issues and require higher levels of ad-hoc work (i.e. cash flow forecasting and consolidations)
- Support clients through corporate transactions (sales, purchases, fund raising etc)
- Close liaison with the firms tax department and the ability to deal with tax computations and corporation tax issues
- Assist the Partners with ad-hoc project work including corporate finance assignments (due diligence, MBO's, raising finance etc)
- Business development activities and winning work by pro-actively managing existing clients and targeting new audit and non audit clients
- Effectively manage, motivate and mentor a team of qualified, part qualified and trainees
- Review and appraise internal working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made
- Involvement in internal compliance procedures (e.g. quality control reviews, internal audit and accounts meetings etc)
Desired Skills & Experience
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- A confident self starter with the ability to work independently
- Up-to-date technical knowledge (UK GAAP, IFRS, Clarity ISAs, Companies Act legislation)
- Strong management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written, including report writing).
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and a highly motivated team of professionals whilst enjoying some flexibility in terms of working hours, a company pension scheme, life assurance and an office with excellent links to public transport.
Fletcher George provides a Financial Recruitment service acting as both an employment business and agency. We welcome all relevant applications to the above role however due to the volume of responses Fletcher George can ONLY respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.