A well established and highly successful City based investment firm are seeking a skilled Accountant to focus on the facilities and building management related matters of the business.
As the Facilities Accountant this role will require you to be the link between Business Finance and Facilities ensuring all key financial data is highlighted and accurately recorded.
The role will involve meeting and interaction with employees across all levels in the business as well as external contacts from managed contracts and sub-tenants alongside responsibility for managing service charge budgets, recharges and invoicing and communications on all service charge finance matters.
Responsibilities are varied and include but are not limited to:
- Annual budget preparation for a number of cost centres worldwide and service charge accounts
- Acting as main point of contact in the Finance team to ensure full visibility of spend, accruals and pre-payments
- Arranging and conducting monthly meetings with managed service providers, discussing financial direction and reviewing contracts and leases where appropriate
- Accounting and reconciling of service charge accounts for the UK Head Office
- Monthly review of aged debtors and chasing of outstanding monies in addition to review of aged creditors and chasing for invoices not received
- Processing of travel and expenditure for key costs streams
Previous experience of monitoring financial data against performance of managed contracts is essential for the position as is experience of managing service charge accounts. A strong set of analytical skills alongside a methodical approach and the ability to present information to key management teams is also needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and establish yourself in a highly successful and reputable firm.