Senior Data Engineer (Scala/Python)
Senior Data Engineer (Scala/Python) London £115,000
Data Engineer with experience in Python or Scala and ideally Hadoop is required by a global company based in the heart of London. The successful Senior Python/Scala Data Engineer will have a passion for innovative technology and a data driven world. Senior Data Engineers will also have a strong SQL background and you will be working in an established yet expanding data team and will liaise directly with stakeholders. The team are currently working on some cool projects using Scala, Python and Hadoop. You will be required to take a lead and be hands-on developing and maintaining robust systems.
Senior Data Engineer requirements:
- B.S (or higher) degree in Computer Science
- 5 or more years’ experience utilising Python or Scala
- Experience working with Hadoop
- At least 5 years of experience in big data modelling and coding
- Experience in ETL and different techniques
- Experience in both SQL and NoSQL technologies
- AWS experience or similar (Azure, Google Cloud) ideally
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Exposure to other relevant languages (Java, Perl/Other scripting languages)
- Experience working with Microservice architecture.
Data Engineers will be working in a flexible environment in Central London office locations.