Value & Access Manager
Wax Selection are currently recruiting for a Value & Access Manager for our clients based in London.
Our clients are looking for someone to ensure that more NHS patients are able to receive the most innovative and effective medicines produced by the industry.
The Value & Access Manager will contribute significantly to driving further policy reform of medicines evaluation by UK HTA agencies, particularly NICE, alongside NHS England in its role as a commissioner of medicines order to optimise existing and new routes to market for innovative medicines whilst helping to shape related commercial policy areas.
The role will report to the Value & Access Director.
· Optimising the UK HTA environment and helping shape NICE reform in line with the strategic requirements of the industry
· Developing evidenced-based analyses, policies and positions to support reform of UK HTA systems and medicines evaluation approaches
· Designing and project managing the delivery of a wide range of HTA and commercial projects with internal (OHE) and external suppliers and partners
· Leading assigned cross-industry teams and working groups to ensure optimum member engagement and input into the development and shaping of policies and positions
· Maintaining and building strong and effective customer relationships with key NICE, NHSE and other key market access stakeholders
· Implementing projects and providing support for the work of the NICE/ABPI Industry Council and the NICE/ABPI Operational Effectiveness Group
· Secretariat support for the Value and Access (V & A) Workstream and assigned project teams, including preparation of minutes, actions and papers with effective implementation support delivered through member company engagement, including for example:
· Implementation of the Accelerated Access Review
· Delivering NICE reform in technology appraisals and highly specialised treatment evaluations
· Supporting delivery of the HTA components of the life sciences industrial strategy
· Supporting the PPRS negotiations through the development of specific HTA and market access positions and evidence on the cost effectiveness threshold
· The Cancer Drugs Fund.
· Identifying and monitoring trends and changes in the UK HTA environment to enable pro-active dialogue with stakeholders and drive change.
· Strong analytical approach
· Collaborative and inclusive working style
· Excellent project management skills
· A graduate degree with experience of Commercial, Market Access or Health Economics within the Pharmaceutical Industry and ideally some interest or exposure to Corporate Affairs & policy work
· Demonstrable ability to effectively communicate strategic, technical and economic concepts and approaches to non-technical stakeholders
· Good knowledge and understanding of UK HTA and NHSE environment
· Outstanding communication and written skills at all levels within the pharmaceutical industry and NHS to include senior health professionals, government figures and board members with an ability to verbalise and write clearly and effectively.
· Highly organised with exceptional administrative and numeracy skills to include strong attention to detail
· A positive attitude, with a track record of collaborative working and a can-do attitude
· Ability to assimilate complex information
To discuss this position in detail or for any further information, please contact Wax Selection on **** *******.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Wax Selection who are operating as an employment agency.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback at this stage. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.