Asset Finance Credit Risk Analyst - Underwriter / Credit Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
DESCRIPTION - Asset finance credit risk analyst
Currently recruiting in Staines
My Client, one of the UK’s leading asset finance providers are looking for a credit risk analyst to join their very experienced team in Staines. To underwrite complex and high value new business proposals for block discounting, stocking finance and receivables and completion of facility reviews, monitoring and assisting with high-risk customers whilst living and breathing the business’s mission, values and vision.
Maintaining and improving systems and the presentation of information and reports to senior management as and when required
Key Accountabilities of the Asset Finance Credit Risk Analyst role:
- Underwrite the higher value and risk transactions for financial and non-financial institutions in a timely and accurate manner within a higher level delegated underwriting authority or making recommendations to the Head of Financial Solutions and Wholesale, Director of Credit Risk or the Board
- Organise and deliver Corporate deal forums involving the Managing Director, Director of Credit Risk, Head of Sales, appropriate Relationship Manager, Head of Financial Solutions and Wholesale and Head of Operations
- Attend regular Stocking and Block meetings involving representatives from Sales, Operations, as well as Compliance and Legal if appropriate, with the aim to stay up to date with the future opportunities, identify market trends and risks and discuss and provide steering on day to day issues.
- Where appropriate, provide assistance to Sales in capturing new relationship and vendor accounts "and structuring manufacturing schemes and proposals to make sure the transactions are acceptable from a risk and reward perspective.
- Utilise a range of underwriting tools and templates such as 'Standard and Poor’s’, Sector reports, CAP Monitor and risk rating models, with the skills to interpret outcomes and apply commercially.
- Monitor the existing credit commitments and identify potential credit risk, as well as recommend and implement appropriate actions
- Prioritise workload and seek management assistance where necessary in order to meet internal turnaround times in line with business imperatives.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers in order to optimise business effectiveness without compromising risk management imperatives.
- Undertaking site visits including Vendors, Dealers, Block Discounters and Wholesale Customers and Customers in general to assist sales in relationship building and deal negotiations.
- Training, mentoring and providing support and expert advice to Credit Analysts and Junior Credit Analysts.
- Manage a team of credit analysts where applicable whilst supporting and deputising for Head of Financial Solutions and Wholesale where requested
- Provide informed support across Business Finance in areas such as fraud prevention, systems testing, deal pay-outs and overviews
- Identify and research new opportunities such as assets and sectors and present possible solutions to Management as well as creating and utilising cross divisional opportunities.
- Ensure that any credit acceptance terms and conditions effectively mitigate risk and meet the risk policies and lending appetite.
- Be vigilant for circumstances where a customer may be in a vulnerable position and make appropriately fair solutions.
- Draft and/or review processes and procedures on an annual basis. Identifying improvements to existing risk processes to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Provide insightful, relevant, succinct and timely credit analysis including detailed financial analysis identifying all material financial and other relevant risks and opportunities including commercial issues and documentation risk to ensure that they are adequately assessed in order to arrive at a balanced and informed recommendation. This includes responsibility for proposing counterparty credit grades via the relevant scorecard, ongoing monitoring for credit-material events, as well as the monitoring of all covenants and risk triggers.
- Keeping up to date with current regulatory requirements demonstrating commercial acumen in analysing the impact of these and making balanced risk decisions.
- Awareness of changes in the macro and micro economy and changes in market sector performance, understand the impact of such changes and risks they pose, and manage risk decisions across the team appropriately.
- Attend quarterly manufacturer/vendor meetings to assist with managing and developing the relationship, whilst at the same time managing the overall business risk.
Key requirements of the Asset Finance Credit Risk Analyst role:
- Expected minimum 7 years underwriting experience with solid knowledge and experience in the asset finance deal sector
- Very strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a good in-depth knowledge of financial accounts and statements
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly highlight relevant issues
- Excellent time management & ability to balance credit and other risk responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills with concise expression and ability to present convincing arguments to Management, Sales and other stakeholders
- Experienced in financial and data analysis
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Degree level qualification in related discipline required , post graduate qualification an advantage
- Ability to work in a dynamic team focused environment
- Responsibility for your own personal development/learning opportunities
You will be paid a competitive salary of up to £65,000 + Company Car + Bonus and excellent company benefits.
For more information please contact Katie Bowles