Senior Management Accountant The Wellington Hospital
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join our Finance team based at The Wellington Hospital in St John's Wood, London (NW8 6PD).
The Senior Management Accountant will provide a comprehensive financial and management accounting function to the facility interacting with corporate Finance. The post covers all sites as follows: The Wellington Hospital (North, South and Central buildings), The Wellington Hospital Platinum Medical Centre & The Wellington Hospital Diagnostics and Outpatient Centre.
* Job Type: Full time post, permanent role.
* Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
* Basic Salary: £38,606 - £49,476 plus full benefits package.
* Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Assisting with the production, communication and evaluation of financial information to all users including, senior management and HOD's.
* To prepare and monitor the month end for reporting providing a first line review of the figures.
* Facilitate and ensure compliance of regular audit reports.
* To review the month end process and implement improvements where appropriate with the intention of increasing the accuracy of the figures.
* To ensure the hospital accounts are prepared accurately and on a timely basis.
* Assist HODs on all financial aspects of their departments.
* Oversee the hospitals work force planning and labour productivity.
* Manage the financial aspects of all FMP's and PSA's.
* Preparation of the MOR, including review for accuracy.
* Review monthly revenues and discounts and provide commentary or action on anomalies.
* Pricing reviews and analysis.
Skills & Experience
* Chartered Accountant / ACCA or CIMA.
* Degree level education.
* Commercial experience in a management accounting role in a large organisation.
* Experience in a similar organization / industry preferable.
* Knowledge of groups accounting/finance systems.
* Computer literate and well versed in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, complex formulas).
* Excellent communication skills with good analytical and strategic planning abilities.
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is part of HCA Healthcare UK, which is the world's largest independent hospital company. The Wellington is the largest of the six hospitals under HCA Healthcare UK with over 240 beds and circa 1000 employees. We are internationally renowned for its cardiac services, neurology, orthopaedics, gynaecology and most other forms of acute medicine.