Assistant Estate Manager
What you’ll be doing
As an Assistant Estate Manager you’ll be customer focused, flexible, have a strong passion for older people’s rights and independence, and reflect our shared values in your day-to-day activities.
- Connect with residents, helping them access health and social services, and encourage inclusion in social events
- Help new residents settle into their homes in a positive and respectful way
- Assisting the Estate Manager in providing our management services on the estate including cleaning, catering, maintenance and gardening
- Regular liaison with care staff from our partner organisation
Who we need
You do not need to have previous estate or housing experience as we’ll provide an in-depth training programme covering all aspects of estate practice.
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have the ability to work with a wide range of people. Being well organised and computer literate is essential.
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays, and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
About the role
- Location: Maple Court Gloucester Road Consett, County Durham, DH8 7GD
- 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Closing date: 4 August 2017
- Interview date: 17 August 2017
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Hanover is currently going through a period of organisational change and this position may be reviewed in 2018/2019.