Job Ref: NI1433
Job Title: Sous Chef
Salary: Circa £25,000
Are you a Chef de Partie looking for the next step in your career? Or a Sous Chef looking for a new challenge? Do you love working with only the freshest ingredients?
If so and you share our passion for great food, we’d love to hear from you!
I am currently recruiting for a Sous Chef to join the kitchen team at a high-end restaurant in Poole. Working closely with the Head Chef, as Sous Chef you'll play an influential role in supporting and developing the kitchen to prepare a range of dishes which predominantly revolve around fish.
The benefits you'll receive as Sous Chef:
- Salary circa £25,000
- Share of tips from customers
- Progression opportunities with the option to experience different styles across the group
- Staff discount and auto-enrolment pension benefits
- Support with childcare costs for those with children
- Complimentary meal for two at one of their restaurants
- Holiday entitlement
The top things you’ll be doing as Sous Chef:
- Acting as a role model and demonstrating the best level of service and skill
- Leading the kitchen in the absence of the head chef
- Assisting the head chef in the scheduling, development and recruiting of staff.
- Organising and supervising stock rotation within the kitchen ensuring minimal wastage.
- Supporting the head chef in the delivery of food safety and health & safety within the kitchen (food alert).
You will be contracted to work 45 hours a week, with overtime available. You will generally work 4 days on, 3 days off. This restaurant has 200 covers and is extremely busy, therefore you must be able to work in a fast, high pressured environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fresh food Chef to learn new skills, progress up the ranks and be part of an award winning restaurant group.