Buildings & Maintenance Manager, North London
Exciting opportunity to oversee a number of unique sites in North London. Our portfolio includes a range of interesting spaces including industrial live-work conversions that are home to thriving creative communities.
We're looking for a hands-on experienced multi trader with the ability to resolve day-to-day tasks as well as sourcing and managing a pool of skilled and reliable contractors for more specialist jobs.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of residential health & safety guidelines and be able to coordinate risk assessments and inspections. You will plan a programme of works to address all risks identified by such assessments, striving towards full compliance across sites as well as implementing a system to manage the completion and logging of regular fire safety checks.
With strong organisational skills and a passion for improving environments you will refine our operational systems to elevate the standard of our sites, taking full responsibility for our sites being clean, clear and well managed at all times.
You will listen to residents to gain an understanding of how our communal spaces can be improved with a view to nurturing community. People skills are a must with an intuitive ability to build a rapport with tenants whilst maintaining appropriate boundaries.
Fantastic opportunity for a creative thinker with a passion for collaboration to make a real difference to the lives of residents.
The role comprises three key areas of responsibility:
- Compliance - health & safety & fire
- Facilities - operations, site upkeep and improvement
- Maintenance - prompt and efficient response to tenant issues
- Carrying out or commissioning risk assessments. Planning and managing a schedule of works to achieve full compliance within an agreed time frame.
- Acting as the front line in Health & Safety across sites. Ensuring the use of all relevant protective equipment and arranging for training to ensure your knowledge is up-to-date.
- Ensuring sites are safe and secure at all times. Educating tenants on best practice to ensure awareness of security for the benefit of all residents.
- Overseeing the upkeep of our properties and communal areas. Ensuring external areas are managed to the highest standard, completely clean and clear at all times. Managing illegal dumping, graffiti and similar issues as they arise.
- Managing sites operationally including car-parking, waste collection and recycling.
- Ensuring consistent presence, support and prompt, efficient response to maintenance issues.
- Overseeing preventative maintenance. Scheduling regular building maintenance and janitorial services.
- Listening to residents’ concerns and coming up with creative solutions to ensure a safe, functional and appealing communal space.
- Managing a small team of on-site maintenance staff.
- Contracting specialists for repairs as needed, ensuring they are suitably skilled, reliable and cost effective.
- Inspecting buildings frequently for signs of wear and tear and damage.
- Knowledge of residential fire and health & safety regulations
- Prior property maintenance experience
- Adept at core trades
- Strong written and spoken English
- People skills
- I.T. literate
Location: North London
Basis: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 40 per week, Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Closing date for applications: Friday, 18th August 2017