Acorn Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our client based in Port Talbot in South Wales, one of the worlds top ten steel producers, for a Production Scheduler to work amongst and existing team.
The purpose of the positon is to ensure that the provision and allocation of detailed production schedules.
This is a shift opportunity, working a 12 hour rota that consists of two twelve hour days, followed by two twelve hour nights.
Accountabilities of the position
· To ensure the provision and allocation of detailed production schedules.
· To take part in cross-functional performance review meetings.
· To manage work in process stock levels through effective load balancing through the downstream production areas.
· To ensure that prioritised orders are addressed through each stage of the identified route.
· Control coil line up screens for all downstream production centres.
Skills and experience
· High level of IT literacy
· Excellent communication skills
· High level of numerical ability
· Ability to make good decisions within the required timescales
· Production scheduling/planning experience
· Experience with the use of Excel and SAP or another similar MRP system.