Lombardy Park Support Worker - Up to 35 hours
We are looking for positive, dynamic and supportive individuals to join our team at Lombardy Park in Ipswich.
At Lombardy Park; we support 18 individuals with a learning disability. There are six lodges here that are home to the people we support.
We put the people we support at the heart of Mencap and we make sure that they are as equally involved with the recruitment process as our recruitment team. They have therefore created individual profiles for each of the lodges within Lombardy Park. This will give you an insight in to who you will be supporting and allow the individuals to detail what they expect from you as their support worker.
You will need to be pro-active, have strong interpersonal skills; and be unafraid to let your personality shine through. Our best support workers demonstrate the ability to build true and meaningful relationships; whilst being able to adapt their delivery as necessary to the individual. This could involve anything from supporting with budgeting and housing needs to showcasing your sense of fun at the bowling alley!
Your main responsibilities will be to make the day to day decisions easier for the people we support. An example of some of your duties are listed below:
- Maintaining personal hygiene and care needs
- Finances such as a budgeting, utility bills and saving for that special thing someone would like to do
- Helping the person understand any written communications and helping them action them
- Promoting healthy eating and help with planning, preparing and cooking meals
- Attending appointments and social activities
You will find it extremely rewarding to see the people we support achieve goals, overcome challenges and enjoy their lives by accessing the social activities and day trips they choose.
You will need to share our Mencap values and be a caring, positive and trustworthy person who is keen to support adults with a learning disability.
Job ID: 9158
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.