- Accounts Assistant
- Central London
- 12- month fixed-term contract
- International Retail business
An Accounts Assistant is required to work for an International Retail business based in Central London, on a 12-month fixed-term contract. This is a newly created role due to the exceptional growth plans of the business in the next few years. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become permanent should they prove themselves in the role. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable brand that continuously promotes internal progression.
You will be coming in and reporting directly to the Finance Manager and taking sole ownership for the banking and treasury functions of the business. With 9 people in the finance team, you will be an integral part of the team and duties will include:
- Cash and Credit Card reconciliations
- Responsible for the cash flow across the business
- Implementing new processes and improving current procedures for the sales ledger department
- Handling bank reconciliations for UK and International accounts
- Posting and reconciling sales for stores
- Liaising with key stakeholders to reduce debtor days
- Handling petty cash
- Producing the monthly Aged Debtor Reports in multi-currency
- Liaising with customers and resolving any queries
- Ad-hoc tasks
The successful candidate will have experience working in a Retail business where you have been handling cash management and bank reconciliations. International experience is highly desirable. You must have proven experience in dealing with high volumes of transactions and be comfortable coming in and taking sole ownership of the banking and treasury for all stores. Strong communication skills are key and you must be an ambitious and hard-working individual with strong attention to detail. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and the role will suit a proactive individual, who adds value to both the finance team and other departments.
You will be working in a sociable and entrepreneurial environment where hard work is rewarded through a generous benefits package including heavily discounted brand products. You will be given the opportunity to progress within this rapidly expanding business and will receive study support for your ACCA/CIMA studies.