Contract type: Permanent
Salary: up to £35,000 (depending on skills and experience) plus company benefits and annual bonus
- Do you have experience in commercial insurance?
- Do you have a sound knowledge of Professional Indemnity or Public Liability insurance?
- Do you want to work in a supportive, team environment?
Due to our clients continued success and ambitious plans for further growth, We have a fantastic permanent opportunity for an Underwriter to join their team in Bristol.
- Strong communication skills, resilience, confidence, a solid work ethic and enthusiasm
- Commercial insurance experience i.e commercial underwriter or broker
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Understanding of relevant commercial products
- Proven account or client management and development
- Cert CII - beneficial, or willing to work towards
You will be responsible for handling new business, renewals and mid term adjustments for Wholesale Brokers, Bluefin Network Brokers and Bluefin Branches.
Balancing intermediary needs with organisational objectives in order to deliver business success and profitable growth. Identifying business opportunities and acting on behalf of Insurers within delegated underwriting authority binders.
You will make effective day-to-day decisions so that work is completed efficiently, delivering a high level of customer service.
- Experience as an underwriter or an account handler in a broker or commercial insurance environment is a real advantage
- Exceptional customer focus with great relationship building skills
- Knowledge of Acturis is useful
- Cert CII qualified or prepared to work towards
How to apply
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail, please contact Dan Sutton via or
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter and CV to: Dan Sutton via