- Full Time
Leading global broadcasting media organisation is looking for a qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and experienced financial reporting specialist to join its Finance Team as the Reporting Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Reporting, the role will not have any specific direct reports, but will involve overseeing the work of Cluster Controllers based in different regions.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a large, dynamic, and outgoing finance team, and should therefore demonstrate enthusiasm, positivity, drive, excellent communication skills, and a sense of humour.
- Attend monthly P&L calls for allocated regions to understand movements in the month versus forecasts and PY
- Attend monthly bad debt calls for allocated regions to understand status of AR ageing and provisions to be booked
- Review monthly submissions from the Controllers across the Cluster
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual Reporting Packages as required by Head Office in US
- Prepare financial consolidated reporting for the Cluster for internal and external users
- Prepare the quarterly clearance memo
- Work to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial statements in general ledger and compliance with company accounting policies and procedures, statutes, regulations, and US GAAPs/ Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Assist with the UK statutory reporting process including engaging with external auditors, obtaining supporting documentation from the shared service centre, preparing statutory adjustments and drafting annual reports
- Provide support to the tax advisors in the completion of UK tax returns
- Responsible for the monitoring and reporting of balance sheet reconciliations for the Cluster
- Review balance sheet reconciliations on a timely basis
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of unsupported items
- Administrator of the reporting tool (providing access, reviewing status of reconciliations etc.)
- Collaborate with the Cluster as necessary, to support day to day reporting and ad hoc requests related to managing the business
- Review and support accounting treatment for acquisitions and transactions in the Cluster and oversee compliance
- Provide training to the Controllers across the Cluster to assist with reporting deliverables
- Provide support to regional offices, Head of Reporting and Cluster Controller as needed
- Provide sound information for decision support for all financial and accounting matters
- Provide support/lead ad hoc projects as requested
- The role will have interaction with both internal and external stakeholders
- Fully qualified (ACA or ACCA or equivalent) with proven post qual experience
- Candidates must have experience of audit and statutory accounts
- Candidates may come from a Practice or Industry background, but must have come from (or audited, if from Practice) a medium-large sized company, ideally global, with a complex structure containing various entities.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a large, dynamic, and outgoing finance team, and should therefore demonstrate enthusiasm, positivity, drive, excellent communication skills, and a sense of humour.
- US GAAP would be advantageous
- SAP experience would be an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to deal with tight and changing deadlines, remaining calm under pressure
- Strong self-organisation and ability to prioritise competing demands
- Strong excel skills