Client Side Building Surveyor
Client Side Building Surveyor to provide in-house in support of a portfolio comprising 800 residential and 30 commercial units of freehold and leasehold properties and new developments.
You'll be responsible for the annual and cyclical maintenance programme of c. 1 million a year, mainly contract administration type of work.
Project management for new developments such as a retail conversions, hostels to mixed use (pre-contract), and some listed buildings in to residential dwellings.
- Management of Health and Safety such as asbestos management, fire safety and legionella compliance.
- Working with the Housing and Asset Management teams to improve standards across the residential portfolio, achieving Decent Homes standards and associated best practice.
- Reviewing and approving Leaseholders' proposals for alterations and preparing licences.
- Responsible for all neighbourly matters with regards to scaffold licences, access to neighbouring land and party wall matters.
- Carrying out pre-acquisition surveys, due diligence and providing advice to internal stakeholders.
- Working with the Housing team in respect of disrepair claims; carrying out defect analysis
- Specifying and arranging remedial works and providing detailed reports to counsel.
This a lovely organisation who also a development arm within, so a little more interesting than a regular client side organisation. Ideal if the candidates has previous experience in the non for profit sector, such as a charity or social housing.
No need to be MRICS, preferable but essential. Flexible employer who allow some home working, and a full ambassador of equal opportunities. 12% bonus plus other very good benefits.