2 days left
- Full Time
Our established client is seeking a Maintenance Assistant to join their busy and friendly team.
This is a key position and a very exciting time to be joining. The role demands flexibility and attention to detail together with energy and enthusiasm and the willingness to go the extra mile. The Maintenance assistant role encompasses all aspects of site maintenance and requires a close working relationship with the Head of Maintenance, Estate Manager and other members of the Estate team.
- To report to and liaise with the Head of Maintenance regarding all issues that relate to the maintenance and administration of the estate. To include (but not limited to)
- All building and site repairs,
- Health and safety compliance
- Fire risk analysis and compliance
- General maintenance
- To assist with preventative maintenance. To review and negotiate with subcontractors, coordinate repairs and perform compliance tests under the supervision of the Head of Maintenance.
- To order parts, chemicals and stock in accordance with the purchasing procedures. To adhere to cost control and monitor the maintenance expenditure within the approved budget
- To maintain and ensure compliance with all the appropriate health and safety regulations. To undertake regular checks on a systematic basis
- To maintain and check equipment safety
- To assist the groundsman with the year round maintenance of the grounds including mowing
- To perform carpentry, painting & decorating, plumbing and minor electrical work as may be required. To maintain locks and keys.
- To be a secondary phone response contact in case of emergency
- To maintain internal and external lighting
- To assist with snow clearing, de-icing and other hazards that may arise
- To work with other members of the staff team in a co-operative and helpful manner.
- Meticulous maintenance skills (Electrical certification an advantage)
- Full, clean driving licence (DI licence an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills.
- A warm and professional manner
- Attention to detail and safety
- Loyalty, tact, enthusiasm and flexibility
- The ability to work independently, yet as part of the team
- This is a 52-week a year position. The hours are 8.00am to 5pm Monday-Friday
- Free Lunches Provided
Great opportunity to join a superb organisation
Post subject DBS checking
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy