Restaurant and Bar Manager
Restaurant and Bar Manager - Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are delighted to be supporting a prestigious hotel based on the Woodbridge outskirts with the search for a Restaurant and Bar Manager.
As the Restaurant and Bar Manager the key focus of this role is to manage and oversee the running of shifts within the bar and restaurant areas and to be part of of a strong overall management team.
Other key duties will include:
- Delivering excellent customer service and maintain a high standard of customer management at all times
- To be fully converse with the Restaurant & Bar operation and to efficiently manage the operation of all shifts
- To take a keen interest in the current business situation and to bring in sound ideas to increase profit, decrease spending, up selling orders and maximising guests` spend where possible
- To understand the opening and closing of tables, preparing of bills for cash and credit payment, moving tables, splitting tables, database build and management of back of house applications
- To efficiently administer and action, staff rotas, holiday forms and other paperwork that is required to ensure accurate notes
- To communicate with Head Chef and maintain a close and professional working relationship with the kitchen at all times
- Hold a daily/weekly/monthly briefing to ensure all staff are aware of important events
- To be actively involved in all staff related issues and to handle them in a professional manner
- Responsible for all departmental induction training and on the job training of new members of staff and also newly promoted staff
- Work in all areas of the bar including cellar to ensure that best practice is maintained by the team and that any areas requiring improvement may be identified
- Manage all delivery and stock management processes, including checking in orders, storage, stock rotation, security, loss investigation and staff training
- Be fully conversant with the bar and restaurant POS (point of sale) system
- Have a knowledge of the services the Hotel itself has to offer
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience within a similar role essential
- Experience of managing a team and supervising staff
- Fantastic customer service skills and ability to upsell
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members
- Ability to recognise people`s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Logical problem solving techniques
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Good mediation and negotiation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well know Suffolk establishment based within beautiful surroundings. It is a Full Time position, 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day, 5 days per week, and hours are negotiable.
On offer is a salary £20000-£25000 per annum. You will also be entitled to company pension and complimentary membership to their golf and health club.
If you have experience within a similar role and are interested in this excellent opportunity we would like to hear from you.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: hospitality, bar, restaurant, management, supervisory
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will
not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.