Credit Controller - Part Time
Credit Controller - Part Time
We are currently looking for a credit controller to join the finance department on a part-time basis. This is a great opportunity for someone to begin a career within finance.
In the role you will have responsibility for an allotted section of customers and it will be your responsibility to accurately maintain that section. This will include chasing overdue debt, reviewing credit limits and releasing customer orders where possible. Key skills required for the role include an excellent and professional telephone manner, strong numerical skills, tenacity and Excel skills.
Due to the cut-off for next day delivery being 8pm we require colleagues to be available within the credit control department on an evening. The vacancy is for 20 hours per week and will cover the below shift pattern:-
17:30 to 21:30 - Monday to Friday
17:30 to 21:30 - Monday to Thursday plus 11:30 to 15:30 Sunday
In the role your main responsibility will be to carry out security checks on orders paid by card and identify any potentially fraudulent transactions. You will also be responsible for reviewing held credit account orders. This will involve reviewing credit limits, contacting customers regarding overdue invoices and releasing orders where possible.
The primary duties of the role will be to :-
- Process all orders selected for a security check in line with company policy and next day KPI
- Use third party systems to perform various checks, this may involve taking additional information from the customer
- Handle sensitive customer information in adherence to data policies
- Recognise and escalate any suspicious activity or high value orders to the line manager for review
- Ensuring that any customer that hits their previously agreed credit limit is escalated to the team leader for review
- Ensuring that all customer accounts are kept up-to-date, keeping all funds allocated in accordance with the customer’s wishes
To apply for this role your experience and skills will include:-
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the confidence to make outbound calls
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook
- Be able to demonstrate good customer service skills
- Educated to at least GCSE level in Maths or equivalent experience
- Experience of working within a fast paced, changeable environment
Nisbets is the UK's largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues' professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now.