- Full Time
Our Client is looking for a Marketing Assistant for a 6-month contract/maternity cover
Reporting to the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for implementing marketing activity and providing administrative marketing support to the Business Development Team.
The desired outcome of this activity will be that the company achieves sufficient new work opportunities to enable continued growth in accordance with the Business Plan. The corporate image the Company portray will be consistent and easily identify them to others. Their reputation for quality, professionalism, fairness and success will be kept foremost in their clients, and their competitors’ minds.
- Duties will include general research and clerical work, identifying marketing leads and following these up either in writing, by telephone or in person.
- The Marketing Assistant projects a professional company image through face-to-face and the phone interaction.
- You will assist in developing and implementing a practical and effective marketing strategy.
- Obtain tender leads and make new client contacts.
- Maintain the standard corporate image and review public perception.
- Public relations liaison.
- Carry out extensive research and analysis of the market to gather intelligence and supplement proposals to management by way of producing coherent reports
- Finding new leads and chasing marketing leads
- Organisation of meetings will require contacting relevant parties, agreeing convenient times, preparing agendas, leading meetings where appropriate and providing feedback as necessary
- Undertake regular customer surveys and report accordingly
- Collation of company information for pre-tender issue and submission of this information in the company standard format using company image
- Delivery of tenders and/or promotional material
- Creation of project data sheets. Updating and maintaining a database of client contacts
- Creation of site boards when sites start
- Controlling all promotional activities from conception to implementation. Creation of all press releases and liaison. Advertising will require creativity, clear assessment and justification linked to value for money
- Newsletter design and publication
- Support the maintenance and update of the website, including coordinating promotions and site optimisation
- Selecting and organising the purchase and delivery of corporate gifts when sanctioned
- Maintain Corporate Brand and ensure company documents, stationery, signs, vehicle etc. attain a standard format and approve any company marketing prior to use
- Ensuring that photographs are taken of sites (in-house) at different stages, especially at completion
- Responsible for the ISO 19001 Quality and 14001 Environmental Certificates (in conjunction with the Business Development Manager)
- Carrying out internal audits and organising annual external audits
- Production of monthly reports for company and management meetings
- Educate others in the company on marketing issues
- Ad hoc marketing and administrative duties as directed by the manager
Experience and Qualifications
- Higher National Certificate, a relevant degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good Microsoft office skills including Publisher
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Articulate and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Confident and resourceful
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Driving license holder with own car
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity
Conditions and Package
- Salary: £18k to £20k dependent on experience, skills and qualifications
- Holiday: 20 days holiday (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays, part of this allowance will be taken during the Company shutdown (Christmas to New Year)
- Working hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm with a one-hour lunch break
- Travelling: Where the employee’s car is used for business purposes a mileage allowance of 0.35p per mile will be paid
- Pension: Workplace Pension Scheme