Registered Manager (Children/Young People)
Registered Manager (Children/Young People) x2
Bideford, Devon (near Clovelly)
£30,000 - £34,000 per annum + allowance
Prism7 Recruitment is looking for an experienced Registered Manager with min. of 3 years experience in Children/Young People`s setting to join our client`s home in Bideford, Devon (near Clovelly).
The home is a 5 bedded residential service for children/young adults with LD, complex needs, challenging behaviour.
- To be the person in charge, responsible for and managing the day-to-day running of the home, with 24 hour responsibility for service delivery.
- To facilitate and lead the provision of support to Children/Young People for medium to long term planned and emergency placements making effective use of resources and promoting high levels of Child/Young Person involvement as appropriate.
- To promote Child/Young Person independence and personal development, and provide choice.
- To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times and in particular The Children’s homes (England) Regulations 2015 standards for the registration and inspection of Children’s homes.
Main duties of theRegistered Manager (Children/Young People)
- To ensure that there is a Statement of Purpose in Place which is appropriate to the Service Provision.
- To be a good role model for all Colleagues, being approachable and available as well as being consistent in all actions and decisions.
- To set and maintain clear standards of Children/Young Person support in line with company`s quality assessment tool.
- Arrange statutory and non statutory training within budget and evaluate its effectiveness and value.
- To hold regular Colleague and Child/Young Person meetings to provide and receive feedback.
- To ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly.
- To investigate Grievances as required by the organisation as appropriate.
- To maintain own professional competence and continued professional development and ensure that other Colleagues do so.
- To ensure that all Children/Young People have an up-to-date individual support plan, this is regularly evaluated and actively involves Children/Young People in the preparation of it.
- To ensure all risks associated with care and support e.g. manual handling, mobility, challenging behaviour, H&S issues are identified and correctly actioned, ensuring the safety of the Children/Young People and Colleague.
- To regularly monitor the delivery of care and support given by all Colleagues ensuring that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of Children/Young People are recognised, assessed and met.
- To ensure Children/Young People receive care from the primary health care team and specialist health workers when required.
- To develop, facilitate and support external advocacy for Children/Young People.
- To arrange and oversee regular reviews with social workers, Children/Young People, relatives and key workers.
- To conduct an assessment for all potential Children/Young People to the service.
- To meet professional and legal responsibilities with regard to the storage, handling and administration of medication.
- To understand, communicate and implement the requirements of The Children’s homes (England) Regulations 2015 National Minimum Standards and guidelines.
- To maintain registered manager status as judged by OFSTED.
- To personally have a full understanding and working knowledge of all company`s policies and procedures, support their development and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
- To effectively manage the service’s financial budgets and targets and ensure that policies and procedures relating to Children/Young People monies/valuables are rigorously adhered to.
- To ensure that all Children/Young People have a support package contract outlining the terms and conditions of support and that all the necessary funding documentation, contracts and tenancy agreements are completed.
- To ensure that the Colleague rota meets the needs of the Children/Young People’ support packages and that the numbers of Colleague and skill mix are appropriate.
- To produce an annual training plan detailing planned training for all Colleagues including statutory training.
- To participate in the On-Call rota for the defined Cluster of Homes/Services on-call.
Requirements of theRegistered Manager (Children/Young People)
- 3 Years’ experience of working within a Children’s home setting with Young People showing emotional, behavioural and Social difficulties
- Diploma Level 5, NVQ 4, Registered Managers Award or equivalent
- Proven record of leading person centred support packages
- Children/Young Person assessment skills including risk assessment
- 2 Years’ experience of managing a Home/Service within the last 5 years (Home Manager/Deputy Manager/Care Manager etc.)
- Experience of developing a service
- Minimum 1 year’s experience of Leadership and Team management in a care role
- Experience of leading and managing Colleagues, setting targets, KPI’s, Rota management
- Understanding of budget management
- Ability to follow and develop systems to manage the service
- Evidence of Continued Professional development
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Acts as applicable to Children’s homes
- Experience of OFSTED inspections and the regulatory regime
- Knowledge of health, safety and risk assessment
- Understanding of budget management
- Car Driver + own transport
- Willingness to contribute to on call system
- Computer literate with Microsoft office (Word/Outlook) and specific databases
- Passion to provide an excellent quality of service
In addition our client offers a generous benefits package including an enhanced holiday allowance, Employee Assistance Programme, and a supportive career development structure which will provide genuine opportunities to further progress your career with them.