Director - Service Introduction / Managed Services Framework - FTSE 250
This is a challenging, one-off opportunity based in the heart of the City.
We are looking for a "hands on" Service Introduction Director with a pragmatic mentality and exceptional relationship reading/building skills to provide support to the Chief Operating Operator and Senior VP of Service Assurance at the heart of a FTSE 250 company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide. This is a pivotal hire for the COO during a time of widespread change and fast-track product/service evolution.
You will be tasked to design and implement a Managed Services Framework / Commercial Service Introduction Review to ensure the operational and commercial readiness of new products and services, as well as providing final recommendation for launch into the production environment. In doing so, you will put together and manage a team intersecting product and service development projects (both within the COO and Chief Technology Office) to proactively ensure all business and technical requirements are met prior to launch.
This is an environment crying out for, yet unfamiliar with, such an end-to-end gated process. Currently there are a large number of projects yet to enter any kind of Commercial Service Introduction Review - thus you’ll need conviction to demonstrate the value of such a process and excellent project management skills to get things moving. In addition, you'll be able to identify a number of projects that will immediately benefit using a gamut of quality management/assurance, audit, change management and softer skills to persuade others to adopt new ways of doing things.
Whilst awareness of how a high technology/communications company works will help, character really is all. You will command authority naturally yet also make time to listen and build rapport intuitively. You’ll be comfortable operating as a do-er, fixer and ambassador for change, going about your work in a transparent, upbeat and practical way.
- Responsible for assuring the operational readiness of products and services delivered by a variety of teams across the COO and CTO
- Provides assurance to the COO and to the wider Executive Team all new products and services are ready for operation and commercial deployment when they launch
- Manage a team of Service Introduction Managers assigned to work alongside development projects
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on the progress of product and service development projects towards a Commercial Service Introduction Review
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant technical / engineering subject
- Previous experience working in a senior audit / assurance / quality management role in a technical organisation or function
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methods (eg Agile, PRINCE2, PMP etc) working within a stage gated end-to-end process
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practice for Service Transition
- Ability to influence and drive service improvements in an effective and persuasive manner