Client Design Advisor
- Part Time
Client Design Advisor
Type: Fixed term contract to cover maternity leave for up to 1 year
Hours: Full time, Part time applications considered
Salary: Circa £40,000 p.a.
Looking for a new challenge? Are you experienced at designing buildings and would like to use those skills to help Essex County Council deliver its capital programme?
Essex County Council has a 12 month term fixed contract opportunity (to cover maternity leave) within its Infrastructure Delivery Technical team.
With a pipeline of construction work over the next three years averaging £60m per annum, we are seeking an individual with design/architectural/construction knowledge, preferably school based but this is not essential. You will be part of a small dedicated multi-disciplinary team who are responsible for our Capital Programme which is delivered by the private sector.
Moving to the client side and being part of a highly motivated award winning client team is an excellent opportunity to broaden your knowledge and use your technical skills and expertise in a different environment.
The role requires a good understanding of design, a track record of collaborative working, excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to respond to deadlines.
The role involves:
- Performing capacity and viability studies
- Preparing employers briefs and work information packages (employer's requirements)
- Discussing design issues with stakeholders - reviewing and commenting on design proposals/solutions submitted by consultants to maintain the Council's standards and provide strategic advice to the schools service team
- To provide research and assistance to support the Principal Design Services Commissioner (Architect) to evolve and promote the continuous use and understanding of building design, construction strategies, policies and standards
- To assist the Principal Design Services Commissioner (Architect) to ensure that appropriate building design expertise is provided by appointed external Design Services providers
Please note that all our design work is outsourced and this position is not about designing solutions.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.