Team Leader - (Young Adults)
Team Leader - (Young Adults)
£17,680 per annum + Benefits
Prism7 Recruitment Ltd. is looking for an experienced Team Leader to join our client`s fantastic team in Teignmouth, Devon.
This post will cover Team leader responsibilities for a 7 bedded residential service in Teignmouth.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in providing support to young Adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities and associated behaviours as well as helping to manage the staff team.
The benefits of working for one of their teams include:
• Comprehensive training programme
• Excellent opportunities for career progression
• Full Employee Assistance Programme
• Company funded enhanced DBS check
• Rewarding & professional work
• Annual leave on your birthday
Main duties of the Team Leader - Residential (Young adults)
• To promote the welfare, safety, personal development and well-being of service users receiving care from the Company.
• To ensure that the physical, emotional and psychological needs of service users in the company’s care are met where at all possible.
• To participate in the day to day operation of the service provided in accordance with organisational guidelines and objectives.
• To create within the home as far as possible, a normal domestic environment for the service users in the company’s care.
• To provide team members with day today support, encouragement and professional advice.
• Assist with the personal and professional development of team members and provide an effective link between service users, team members, senior management and directors.
• To be responsible for the smooth running of the shift .
• To be aware of the Company’s care and training programmes applicable to each individual service user.
• To participate in the care and training programmes applicable to each individual service user.
• To contribute to the reviewing and monitoring process in the development of each individual Placement Plan.
• To promote and uphold anti-discriminatory practices and equal opportunity practices in line with Company policy.
• To create a friendly and relaxed environment for the service users encouraging enjoyment, self-motivation, self-esteem and respect for themselves and others.
• To provide service users with information and advice
• To play an active part and promote the participation of service users, in the decision making process of the home where appropriate
• To be aware, familiar with and observe the company guidelines on Health and Safety, Fire Safety procedures and Food Hygiene
• To assist with the process of developing effective partnerships with parents and families.
• To assist with the day to day administration of the service by completing and maintaining accurate recordings.
• To assist in the maintenance, good housekeeping and upkeep of the home.
• To support and maintain effective working relationships with all other staff and to promote good relationships with local residents and the general community.
• To promote and uphold the good reputation of the company in all contact with external agencies and individuals.
• To contribute to the development of individuals and the team through active participation in effective supervision, team meetings, training sessions etc
• To fully participate in the Rota system and to be available for 'sleeping in’ duties as required.
• To undertake such duties as may be required by the Deputy Manager and Registered manager
• To take part in weekend and Bank Holiday working on a Rota basis.
• To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection guidelines.
Requirements of the Team Leader - Residential (Young adults)
• Candidate must evidence a good standard of education and/or life skills and be willing to progress his/her career by undertaking additional training as required.
• A minimum of two years' experience in working with young people in a care setting is essential.
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification.
• Candidate must have evidence of relevant legislation, company policies, working procedures and demonstrate sound communication skills and leadership skills.
• To be able to communicate verbally and in writing with colleagues, external agencies and young people in a clear and professional manner maintaining the rules of confidentiality as appropriate.
• Ability to help create and maintain a warm, nurturing and homely living environment and to contribute and take part in the day-to-day running of the home
• To respond quickly and with flexibility to a change of needs and priorities
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
• Willingness to work as part of a team and to accept instruction and advice from senior colleagues.
• A good standard of physical and mental health is essential
• Ability and willingness to work a shift Rota including sleeping in duties