The Role: Head Chef
Salary: up to £30,000
Operation: Seafood Restaurant
Ellis Mack Recruitment is working with an established independent Scottish operator with various outlets across Scotland.
This refurbished operation is looking for an experienced Head chef to take the team and food business forward. This Seafood restaurant prides its self on using Scotlands great seafood on a seasonal basis. You will be have the opportunity to stamp your mark in this job. Looking for head chef that has the confidence to help build the reputation of the food offer, build a strong team and lead from the front.
Overview of the Head Chef role responsibilities:
- You will be required to manage the kitchen brigade, motivate the team and share knowledge, training and developing chefs within the team.
- Have an extensive knowledge of HS systems and have a proven track record in delivering high EHO scores
- The role reports directly to the General Manager
- You will be organised, an excellent communicator and a very hands on chef.
- Experience of working in a similar quality fresh food operation is required and an excellent knowledge of food is necessary.
- Current intermediate food hygiene certificate would be beneficial
- Have extensive experience in a similarly fresh food operation at head chef level
- Possess a passion for what you do
- Be driven and focussed on delivering targets food, labour and overall operating profits
- Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career.
- Have excellent personal hygiene standards
To apply for this role please email your CV to or call on
Ellis Mack Recruitment is operating as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. In accordance with the amendment to the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act 2006, effective from 29 February 2008, you are required to provide proof of the Right to Work in the UK.