Support Worker - Winterton on Sea 30 hours
2 days left
- Part Time
We are currently seeking a part-time support worker to join our team in Winterton on Sea.
You will be supporting seven individuals within one of our supported living services. They have all known each other for many years and have built close friendships. Some of the things they enjoy doing are going out and about socialising; going to singing and dancing groups; and watching Norwich City.
Each individual has varying needs so you will need to be flexible in order to support them. You will need to be comfortable in providing personal care as all of the individuals within this service require support with varying aspects. They each have varying levels of verbal communication skills so you will need to be patient and enable them to express how they are feeling. All of the individuals require you to administer medication. You will also be supporting with day to day things like finances; household duties such as cleaning; and to prepare and cook healthy meals.
It is important that you have a good sense of humour; are calm and approachable; but possess the ability to be assertive when the situation requires. Promoting a calm environment without worries or stress is very important to the individuals you will be supporting; as is routine.
Flexibility is a must as you will need to be available to work across various shifts to include; days, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
If you are looking for a meaningful career and a role where you really can make a difference to people's lives; then this is the role for you.
Job ID: 9122
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.