Operation: Contemporary Kitchen Bar
Position: Sous Chef
Salary: £22,000 + gratuities
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ellis Mack is currently looking to recruit a talented and ambitious Sous Chef to join an award-winning operator in Edinburgh. If you are looking for a challenge and love cooking fresh seasonal ingredients in and around the concept this will be the job for you. Career progression is available and our client is very much into promoting from within for their portfolio.
Responsibilities as Sous chef include:
- Assist the head chef in all kitchen operations, Maintaining driving consistently high standards of produce.
- Assist in the recruitment training of all junior members of staff.
- Daily Stock Control ordering
- Responsible for all KPI targets such as GP %, environmental health issues on a daily and in the head chefs absence you will need to report all targets to Management
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in a similarly high-quality operation.
- Possess a passion and knowledge for food.
- Be driven and focussed on first class standards across every aspect of the operation. Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career.
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Have excellent personal presentation and be consummately professional at all times.
- This growing company will offer career development opportunities and personal development adding to the attractiveness of this opportunity
- Translate the concept and ideals of our client into a successfully operating, team-focused quality lead kitchen operation.
- Inspire and work with junior staff general manager empowering the brigade and develop, coach and mentor team to unleash potential and build succession.
To apply for this role please email your CV to or call on
Ellis Mack Recruitment is operating as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
In accordance with the amendment to the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act 2006, effective from 29 February 2008, you are required to provide proof of the Right to Work in the UK.