Senior Data Science Engineer - Spark / MLlib
As the Senior Data Science Engineer, you will be the technical lead for the data engineering part of a Data Science Consultancy division within one of the UK's biggest agency networks. This arm of the business leverages a combined data asset made up of multiple big media and marketing agencies to create powerful insights for their client base.
This is a hybrid position, seeking someone who's ideally seeking a role that bridges both Data Science and Data Engineering. They've been clear to specify the need for someone with Spark MLlib (machine learning library) though, so if you've not got experience working with this, they're regrettably not going to be able to consider your application.
You're going to be part of the Data Science and Data Architecture team, but will be working as a high performing individual contributor rather than leading a team in this position.
This role offers something a little unique too; although it's key emphasis is to be the Data Engineering lead for the team, because of the function's make-up, you will be given the opportunity to evolve your role into the Data Science field too, working alongside other Data Scientists within the team on various projects, and ultimately being given the opportunity to own your own projects once your skills with things like machine learning (for example) are developed.
So this role will really suit a self-starter who's looking for something with a variety of challenge. Something which also has a clear roadmap for development and progression into data science, and variety of project too being its agency side.
- Build and maintain cloud data infrastructure: storage, pipelines, analytics platforms
- Support data scientists to design and handle very large datasets, understanding data processing at scale
- Deliver analytical solutions, analysing large and complex data sets using multiple technologies (Python, R, SQL, Google Cloud Platform, Hadoop).
- Experience of implementing large scale machine learning algorithms using MLlib
- Create and develop data products and implement production tools
- Clearly and confidently present complex data architectures in a simple and engaging manner
- Proactively investigate and discover new techniques, technologies and data sources to enhance the agency's Big Data capabilities
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, why not get in touch today!
Role: Senior Data Science Engineer
Location: Central London
Rate: £60,000 to £65,000 (dependant on experience)
Benefits: Bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and lots more!
- Experience of Big data and distributed platforms
- Spark, MLlib, Pyspark, Hive, Hadoop
- Big Data processing, NoSQL, Data warehousing.
- Batch and streaming large-scale data processing (Apache Beam, Apache Spark) and advanced SQL.
- Micro services, virtual environments, containers, advanced distributed version control system.
- Previous experience in using advance statistical techniques for developing data solutions
- Ability to understand client requirements and translate them into solutions
- Strong presentation skills - an engaging presentation style that delivers and develops relationships
- Excellent problem solver with real curiosity and drive.
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.