I am currently recruiting a Buyer for the IT category of a successful organisation based in Coventry. Reporting to the Category Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for identifying effective procurement solutions across services areas of spend. This thriving business are growing; this role is available due to team expansion. There is a focus on the team culture in addition to the professional objective of providing high quality service - it is an excellent time to join the business.
As IT Buyer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance across all suppliers through detailed analysis, planning, negotiation and adherence
- Delivering value for money - savings, cost avoidance, service improvements, quality uplift
- Proactive management of all IT service contracts
- Ensuring competitive tendering for all IT categories
- Benchmarking and negotiating new and existing supplier to ensure optimum market prices are achieved
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Providing accurate and timely reporting to senior management
- Supporting the wider Procurement department to help achieve the strategic development plan
To be successful in this role, you'll be degree educated with a strong background within IT services procurement. You'll be able to demonstration previous negotiation experience and successes and ideally have expansive professional services supplier knowledge and tendering experience. Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office is a necessity, but you will also need the ability to communicate with and influence stakeholders and suppliers.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.