Newly Qualified Accountant
This Leading City based Financial Services business has been experiencing excellent growth and expansion over the last year. With record revenue forecasts for this year they are looking to expand their highly regarded finance function.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this position will suit a newly to recently qualified accountant who is looking for a fast paced and evolving working environment. The role will be an extremely diverse role involving compiling the management accounts and analysis of the monthly P and L and trading balance sheet.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in compiling the monthly management accounts.
- Conduct departmental cost analysis.
- Compile and provide initial analysis of the monthly P&L.
- Extract and manipulate data from the group's trading platform for management information purposes and preparing the monthly import into the accounting system.
- The development and maintenance of finance policies and procedures.
- To assist with audit deliverables.
- To analyse and review the trading balance sheet for monthly changes and potential errors.
- To conduct reconciliations between third party statements, the trading platform and accounting system.
- To conduct reconciliations between client balances and the trading platform data.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a newly to recently qualified accountant from either a practice background or working in a relevant financial services business. You will have a good working knowledge of the month-end process and have the communication skills and enthusiasm to succeed in a highly dynamic industry.