Part-time Children’s Centre Playworker
Full Address: Welcare in East Surrey, 24 Warwick Road, Redhill RH1 1BU
Exact working hours: 24.5 per week, hours of work to be negotiated but to include:
Monday : Bumps and Babes 8.30am – 1pm
Tuesday: Creches 9.30am – 3.30pm
Wednesday: staff meeting and Play & Stay 9.30 – 3.30pm
Thursday: Messy Play 8.30am – 1pm
Any further details:
Availability for occasional out of hours work according to needs of families( evenings and weekends)
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, high performing playworker to join our small and friendly team in Redhill. The role will include:
- To plan and resource play sessions aimed at parents/carers and their children and link to EYFS.
- To lead and facilitate creches which enable parents/carers to participate in skills development courses offered by Welcare.
- To maintain systems that track progress made by children and measure outcomes of the services offered by the Welcare Children’s Centre.
- To respond to the individual needs of parents/carers attending groups and signposting to specialist agencies or to Welcare family support services as appropriate.
- To evaluate and report on outcomes of groups.
More details contained in Job Description
Essential Attainment and experience:
- Qualification in Child Care/Early Years to Level 3 or a suitable equivalent
- Previous practice working with children and families
- Previous practice working with people from diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds
- Knowledge of child development
Six week’s annual leave and two additional public holidays (pro rata)
More details contained in Person Specification
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Welcare accepts that people are different and values their individuality
We believe that:
Everybody is valuable
- Everybody deserves respect
- Everybody should be treated fairly
- Everybody should feel safe in Welcare centres
- Everybody has a responsibility to others