12 Month Part Time Occupational Therapist- Powys
Position: Occupational Therapist
Location: Newtown, Powys
Type of role: Part Time 12 Month Maternity Contract
Salary: up to- £32000 per annum pro rata dependent upon experience plus excellent benefits
Hours: 2 days per week to be agreed 8.30am-4.30pm
NRS Healthcare are a market leading and award winning manufacturer, distributor and service provider of daily living aids and rehabilitation equipment. NRS Healthcare delivers services on behalf of NHS trusts and local authorities across the UK with an annual turnover in excess of £140 million.
We are looking for individuals who want to be part of a team that care and take pride in delivering exceptional customer service to our clients in the community.
Occupational Therapist duties include but not limited to:
Be a clinical specialist with the ICES service
- Acting as 'gatekeeper' to ensure that orders for special equipment, whether for children or adults are reviewed first to see if they can be satisfied from existing stock.
- Liaising directly with prescribing professionals to achieve the outcome required, in the fastest time with the lowest cost.
- Catalogue special equipment effectively, keeping the on-line catalogue up to date and manage and integrate the special and children’s equipment service across the ICES service through the delivery of monthly update bulletins.
- Acting as a clinical adviser for the refurbishment and repair of returned special equipment
- Attending Equipment Review Groups and other meetings on behalf of NRS when necessary
- Providing training to prescribers on new items of equipment
- Taking a lead in special projects as agreed with the commissioners (for example in reviewing the equipment within care homes).
- Providing trusted assessor training to NRS Staff and any other agreed people
- Meeting regularly with commissioners and NRS to ensure the role is effective
- The development of the Safe+Well™ retail / assessment service within Powys for Self-Funding Service Users as agreed with commissioners.
- Work closely with prescribers to promote effective partnership working.
- Work in partnership and close liaison with Adult Social Care, therapy and community nursing staff, the community equipment service and other agencies as necessary.
- Work in partnership with retailers, pharmacists and third sector organisations as necessary
- Make referrals and recommendations to other services as required - e.g. referral for physiotherapy or community nursing input.
- Write timely professional reports/ records and action plans in line with professional guidelines that comply with appropriate record keeping policies as necessary.
- Clearly record outcomes of intervention in line with evidence based practice so that the success, or otherwise, of the project is measurable, both in terms of service user and carer satisfaction as well as financial efficiencies.
- Attend or lead meetings as and when required
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- To ensure monitoring of quality and compliance with standards is demonstrable within your clinical practice.
Occupational Therapist Keys Skills and competencies include:
- BSc (Hons) Degree in OT / Diploma equivalent.
- Registration with HCPC
- Relevant experience of working within Health or Social Care & prescribing community equipment
- Experience of working with adults and older people with complex needs
- Specialist knowledge of equipment and specials
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Experience of Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention including moving and handling assessments
- Experience of working with a range of partner organisations, particularly domiciliary care agencies
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, organisation and time management skills
- IT skills
- Ability to prioritise your work, reflect and critically appraise own performance
- Ability to use own initiative and to work under pressure and cope with stress
- Ability to manage conflict and to motivate others
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable Knowledge and practice of good customer care skills
- To be skilled in setting up and adjusting specialist equipment
- Understanding of research and audit processes and Clinical governance
- Understanding of Occupational Therapy Outcome measures
- Knowledge of the Enabling approach to support people to meet their full potential
Evidence of continuous professional development
In return we offer:
A competitive salary
33 days’ annual holiday inclusive of bank holidays (rising 1 day per year after 3 years to a maximum of 38 days) pro rata.
Comprehensive sick pay scheme
Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
Exclusive employee discounts, savings and competitions
Bike to work scheme
Employee Assistance programme
This position will be subject to an enhanced Disclosures and Barring Service check.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Occupational Therapist role and are looking for a new challenge but one with a difference, then please send a cv and covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the position.