Multi-Skilled Engineers Food/Ready Meals
Multi-Skilled Engineers (Food/Ready Meals)
Salary: Circa £47,500 + Benefits
Location: Rochester, Kent
I’m exclusively recruiting for an ambitious food company based in Kent who are fulfilling their expansion plans with the addition of a state of the art retort pouch manufacturing facility to meet the demands of an evolving consumer base.
With two manufacturing facilities (ready meals and dry packaged products) supplying the major multiple retailers with more than 350 SKU’s with instantly recognisable branding, an annual turnover of £80m, this will be a key role assisting in driving the profitability of the business even higher.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the four Multi-Skilled Engineers will be working within the new retort pouch production facility and will safely and effectively undertake planned maintenance and repairs on the plant to keep it running. Multi-Skilled Engineers will also play a key role in contributing to ideas around improving plant reliability and performance.
Other key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Be prepared to develop the necessary skills and to efficiently carry out all maintenance team member tasks
- To ensure the safety of oneself and others at all times
- Contribute to and help implement continuous improvement, so as to enhance quality, efficiency, safety and waste reduction
- Work as part of an effective response team on breakdowns and/or emergency repairs
- Responsible for ensuring daily checks are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner
- To ensure all works carried out are compliant with Health and Safety requirements
- Take an active role in PPM jobs under the advice and guidance of the team leader
- Ensure all work undertaken is reportable and auditable
- Enter any planned maintenance on work request forms if appropriate
- Any work request forms that are passed forward for action should be completed in full by the engineer or passed forward to the line manager if appropriate
- Help & assist in the training of others and identify own training needs
- To undertake ad hoc project work
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the role or projects assigned to meet the overall objectives of the role
To be considered for the role, you will have:
An Electrical qualification (Level 5 equivalent / City and Guilds or equivalent apprenticeship); Previous engineering experience in the food manufacturing industry, specifically with pouch and retort style operations and equipment with the addition of experience in providing maintenance support on production and packing lines; Proven experience of installations, breakdowns and planned maintenance, routine checks and identification of preventative measures; Excellent Health and Safety awareness.
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer you will be able to demonstrate a seriously strong working knowledge of: Bearings, Pumps, Couplings, Pneumatics, Metrology, Electrical systems, Electrical motors, PLC Systems, Drives, Electronics, Process Control, Fault Diagnosis.
Furthermore, you will have sound organisation, prioritisation and problem solving skills. You will be comfortable with report generation and data interpretation possessing excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and retailer portal systems operated by Oracle (Micros). With strong attention to detail, working experience of BRC or equivalent standards of operation using lean processes you will be a prime candidate for this opportunity.
This is shift based role (a hybrid 4 on, 4 off - days/nights pattern), however due to the business criticality of the role you will be expected to have a flexible attitude to getting the required work completed to suit the business’s priorities. Benefits will include: 3x Salary Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme and 20 days holiday.
An October start is anticipated for an ideal candidate, with plans for a further three to join the team no later than Jan 2018 as the plant reaches full capacity - so if you’re on the job market and looking for a fantastic opportunity in the highly sustainable food manufacturing sector, what are you waiting for?
Do not delay - PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME, Chris Errington on: OR for a confidential career discussion.
If this career opportunity is really of interest and if what you’ve read above has whet your appetite to learn more please call me. I’d much prefer to hear from you by phone initially. Alternatively click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Seriously Connected Ltd., confirm that our Independent Recruitment Specialist’s client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists cannot enter into discussions or offer assistance regarding sponsorship. Due to high volumes of applications in some instances our Independent Recruitment Specialists are unable to respond with individual feedback. Therefore, if you have not been contacted within five working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists may however retain your details for future consideration against other roles they are engaged to work on by their clients.