Night Shift QA Technician Food/FMCG
Night Shift QA Technician (Food/FMCG)
Salary: Circa £21,000 + Pension, Life Assurance, Child-care vouchers
Location: Rochester, Kent
Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and passionate candidate looking to get into the fast paced and highly rewarding Quality and Technical arena of the Food Manufacturing Sector.
I’m delighted to be working exclusively for a rapidly growing food company based in Kent with some serious expansion plans for the future. They’re looking for a QA Technician to join their Quality Function monitoring the production of ready meal products reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager to help deliver on and exceed current and future growth targets.
The main purpose of this role is to review the manufacturing process, plant hygiene, GMP and other internal audits as well as reviewing all raw materials and packing deliveries.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous QA or food handling experience within a food manufacturing environment is desirable
- Numerate & literate and able to follow instructions
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Basic IT skills
- Intermediate certificate in Food Hygiene and an understanding of HACCP principles are desirable
- Full in-house training will be provided
- Flexibility to cover different shift patterns to cover absence/holiday and overtime as required.
Key Tasks /Responsibilities:
- Daily GMP audits of the warehouse, factory exterior and the office block areas.
- Regular checks on the packing lines to ensure that all products are being manufactured to the correct specification
- Regular checking of the packing lines and equipment to ensure it is working correctly and that items such as weight checkers, metal detectors are working and are calibrated as needed
- Ensuring that the date coding and labelling of finished goods are accurate, readable and according to customer requirements
- Carrying our traceability tests
- Maintaining product samples of daily production and ensure they are regularly checked for quality or defects
- Conducting tests on raw materials and packaging quality as well as developing technical reviews of suppliers
- Continuous quality checking of products e.g. metal detection, weight checks, product seals, bar codes checks and verification, best before end date, film alignment, glue traces, code positioning, case contents and case coding as relevant, taking immediate action to remedy any deviation from specification and recording all tests in the Quality Finished Product and Check Weigh Forms.
- Ensuring all associated paperwork is completed properly, accurately and on time
- The completion of batch end procedures and ensuring the correct reconciliation of packed stock, packaging and raw materials
- Ensuring production deadlines are met
- Minimising wastage
- Ensuring the tidiness of the work area
- Help and assist in training others on the equipment once fully competent
- Assisting in non-conformance investigations and resolutions as required.
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the role.
This is a shift based role, working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. The hours of work are an average of 36.75 hours per week (weeks are either 42 or 31.5 hours), 6pm to 6am per night with 1.5 hours unpaid breaks (working 10.5 hours per day).
An immediate start is available for the right candidate so if you’re on the job market and looking for a springboard into the world of all things quality and technical in the highly sustainable food manufacturing sector, what are you waiting for? Do not delay - PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME, Chris Errington on: OR for a confidential career discussion.
If this career opportunity is of really of interest and if what you’ve read above has whet your appetite to learn more please call me. I’d love to hear from you by phone initially. It’s good to talk. Alternatively click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Seriously Connected Ltd., confirm that our Independent Recruitment Specialist’s client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists cannot enter into discussions or offer assistance regarding sponsorship. Due to high volumes of applications in some instances our Independent Recruitment Specialists are unable to respond with individual feedback. Therefore, if you have not been contacted within five working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists may however retain your details for future consideration against other roles they are engaged to work on by their clients.