Stock controller builders merchant
Looking to Recruit an experienced inventory controller for London based builder merchant. The candidate will work efficiently independently but communicate well within a large team, which is responsible for the control and correct allocation of over £7M of stock across 2.6M units, and 24000 products lines.
07:30 - 17:30 Monday to Friday (With 1-hour break)
Stock Control Manager
This predominately office based role is tasked with the review & reconciliation of arriving results from multiple locations within the business, to correct stock variances form a central position.
To support the company’s profitability by ensuring accurate allocation of stock holding, using appropriate methods of investigation to identify and resolve issues impacting on correct positions, to protect assets and secure a more efficient process of work.
- A questioning individual who has experience in analysing results in a changing environment within supply chain.
- A Proficient excel user, with experience of managing data through formulas & pivot tables.
- Someone with Proven experience of inventory management, and can demonstrate knowledge of controls.
- Using transaction reports, and other related documents to find stock variances through process of internal investigation.
- Someone who can work towards a structured system of works whilst adapting the individual variance, to apply the most suitable solution.
- Understanding the difficulties of managing stock holding across multiple sites with high turnover.
- The Ability to identify failings in procedures of stock movement resulting in cross company variance.
- Experience of recognising incomplete transactions and capable of following correct course of action to balance a stock movement.
- Ability to Concentrate of specific tasks whilst considering the impact of the bigger picture.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
- Be available for all dates specific to the stock control function as required (adequate notice provided).
- To be present at each branches end of year full inventory to support overall achievement of improved stock accuracy.
- Responsive, responsible and adaptable.
- Self-starter, motivated and willing to learn.
- Bright and articulate, with good organisation skills.
- Able to take instruction, but think and work well independently, as well as within a team, managing own time keeping to resolve issues in a robust fashion.
- Dynamic thinker, who is IT literate, and can use hands on experience to drive their work focus.
- Ability to prioritise work load and works well under pressure, can react to changes within real time.
- Excellent communication skills and methodical thinking.
- The ability to carry out administrative tasks, basic mathematics and understand business operations.
- 2 years’ experience in previous and/or similar position (s).
Interviews are taking place immediately.
If you feel you have the right skills for this position please apply today.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successfully shortlisted applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days of sending your application, please presume that you have not been successful on this particular occasion.