Group Business Development Manager - Events or Venue Sales
Our client is an impressive collection of non-residential city centre venues for training, meetings, conferences, exhibition and corporate events.
We are now looking for a professional Group Business Development Manager to join the team.
Our client is a fast growing challenger brand that loves great customer service, contemporary design, edgy communication and outwitting their larger rivals.
Role: Group Business Development Manager Reporting to: Head of Group Sales
The GBDM role is a proactive sales role and the post-holder is expected to work from various venue locations, as well as able to conduct offsite meetings with clients.
To be responsible for sourcing, identifying and developing sales leads, and developing business from a range of identified prospective sources.
• To achieve individual new business and account development objectives, sales targets and revenue contributions per quarter as per the annual Business Plan.?
• Is required to report on a weekly and monthly basis and performance will be measured based not only on contribution to new and developed business, but against the objectives outlined in the annual business plan.
• To work with the Head Of Group Sales, Venue General Managers and Sales Managers to develop relationships with new business contacts and identified development or "growth" accounts to contribute to each venue new business targets and group sales.
• To generate and follow-up sales leads, undertaking meetings (on and off- site), delivering presentations, providing venue solutions and conducting venue viewings across the group.?• To prepare and present proposals and quotations for new business at multiple venues (new clients and/or new business streams with potential for growth / development).
• To contribute to the annual business planning process working with the Head of Sales, Sales Managers and GM’s where appropriate.
• To participate in sales forecasting, planning, researching and goal setting for the venue.?• To contribute to the venue business planning process working with the Sales Manager.
Experience/ skills required
• Essential, experience in events or venue sales • Strong eye for detail and ability to multi skill • Proactive Sales/Negotiation skills?• Influencing skills?• Strong communication skills
• Results oriented?• The ability to coach others?• Commercial & financial management • Sales management?• Client management?