Sous Chef, London SE1
SOUS CHEF, London SE1
Salary: £28,000 p.a. + 10% Bonus
Highly successful Restaurant and Catering chain requires a Sous Chef to work at one of their flagship restaurants based on Waterloo’s Southbank, which serves c200 covers. The role will require you support the Head Chef both in the bistro style restaurant and with grab and go.
You must have experience of working in a high turnover restaurant and be passionate about fresh food and excellent service. All food is fresh from local suppliers.
The Sous Chef will be responsible, alongside the Head Chef and Senior Sous. If you are passionate about food and working hard this is a very rewarding company to work for.
40-45 hours shift patten.
Opening hours: Mon-Wed: 9am-11pm, Thur-Sat: 9am-1am, Sun: 9am-10:30pm. Bank Holidays: 10am-10:30pm
Menu: Currently includes Burgers, Ribs, Steak, Fish & Chips, Salt & Pepper Squid, Asparagus Risotto, Chicken Tagliatelle, Salmon Nicoise etc. They also have a Breakfast menu, a Kids menu and a broad selection of drinks from the bar.
Essential Responsibilities for Sous Chef:
• Prepares daily production/menu list.
• Ensures that all stations remain stocked before and during the meal period.
• Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portions servings correctly.
• Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
• Places food and supply orders as directed.
• Receives product be verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise.
• Hires and trains employees to company standards.
• Sets excellent customer service and work examples.
• Actively participates as a member of the management team.
• Manages staffing levels throughout shift.
• Oversees kitchen labour and food cost to budgetary requirements.
Qualifications & Knowledge Requirements for Sous Chef
• College or culinary training or extensive cooking and production experience.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Must have previous Sous Chef experience within a busy restaurant or cafe environment
producing similar food.
• Professional communication skills, oral and written.
• Actively supervise, motivate and discipline employees.
• Assist with hiring and training of all new employees.
• Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
• Organization and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills and is a team player.
• Work well under pressure.
• Can effectively solve problems.
This restaurant has a great reputation and this is also a great time to join this company as they are growing and expanding and therefore there will be lots of opportunities to individuals that are willing to work hard.