Goods in assistant
Looking to Recruit an experienced Goods in assistant r for London based builder merchant. The candidate will work efficiently independently but communicate well within a large team, which is responsible for the control and correct allocation of over £7M of stock across 2.6M units, and 24000 products lines.
To be responsible for all goods in activities in the branch
- To receive goods delivered by supplier into the store ensuring that correct pallet/carton quantities are delivered
- To match goods delivered to suppliers’ delivery notes and input the data into the computer
- Notify suppliers and accounts regarding any delivery discrepancies
- Separate and store special customer orders and arrange delivery or collection
- Maintain filing and paperwork
- Monitor outstanding orders and chase overdue orders with suppliers
- Maintain clean and tidy work area
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Able to work on own initiative
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good team player
Mon- Fri - 730- 5.30
Alt Sat - 7- 12.30
Interviews are taking place immediately.
If you feel you have the right skills for this position please apply today.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successfully shortlisted applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days of sending your application, please presume that you have not been successful on this particular occasion.