An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Events professional to join our client, a trade body based in Central London.
The purpose of this role is to ensure continued business growth through the use of organised events. The Events Manager will also be required to plan & arrange events for new members to promote the association and encourage them to provide case studies.
This is a great opportunity to join a small, friendly and supportive team with and excellent organisational culture in well located, easily accessible offices.
- Organise events including press conferences, exhibitions
- Produce detailed proposals for events
- Identify and secure speakers or special guests;
- Coordinate staffing requirements and staff briefings;
- Liaise with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event through the use of Social Media
- Organising the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures;
- Collate and analyse media coverage, adjusting the PR strategy accordingly;
- Source and manage speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Foster and promote community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- Events experience within trade association/membership bodies or financial services
- Experience of organising annual events with 500 - 1000 guests
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Social Media and how to use as an effective tool
- Ability to be flexible in regards to location and hours of work in order to fulfil the needs of the role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Time management skills and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Sales experience would be a distinct advantage
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.