Clinical Specialist Band 8a Physiotherapist
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Specialist - Physiotherapist (Band 8a equivalent) to join our Physiotherapy department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE). The service covers a 46-bedded Rehabilitation Unit and a Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness Unit which both have an established interdisciplinary team approach.
The Clinical Specialist will report into the Physiotherapy Clinical Lead and act as a source of clinical expertise on the management of patients admitted onto the Neurological rehabilitation unit (including PODC) as well as those attending as Outpatients.
* Job Type: Full-Time; permanent post.
* Hours: 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday; 9am - 5:15pm) plus on-call Rota when required.
* Salary: £43,801 - £49,901 per annum.
* Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To provide expert physiotherapy assessment and intervention in the Neurological Rehabilitation and PDOC Unit setting and across acute services where appropriate.
* To provide effective clinical supervision, development and support to facilitate the education of staff members using highly developed clinical skills and theoretical knowledge.
* With support of the Clinical Lead, you will be responsible for identifying, implementing and promoting service evaluation, audit and research quality improvement initiatives within the physiotherapy service and interdisciplinary team.
* To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regard to clinical priorities and use of time.
Skills & Experience
* Health and Care Professions Council Physiotherapy registration.
* Physiotherapy Degree with a Masters level qualification.
* Significant experience at Band 7/8 level in Neurological Rehabilitation.
* Experience in supervising and development of a team of physiotherapists
* Ability to develop guidelines and care pathways as well as critically appraise and evaluate evidence based practice and implement changes.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with people in clinical and non-clinical areas.
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.