Shift Manager Food/FMCG
Production Shift Manager (Food/FMCG)
Salary: Circa £37,000 + Benefits
Location: Rochester, Kent
I’m exclusively recruiting for an expanding food company based in Kent who are fulfilling their expansion plans with the addition of a state-of-the-art retort pouch manufacturing facility to meet the demands of an evolving consumer base.
With two manufacturing facilities (ready meals and dry packaged products) supplying the major multiple retailers with more than 350 SKU’s with instantly recognisable branding, an annual turnover of £80m, this will be a key role assisting in driving the profitability of the business even higher.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Shift Manager will be working within the milling operation and will take full responsibility and accountability for the production operations on each shift, working closely with members of the senior management team to implement business strategies throughout the factory.
Other key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To organise the production teams in the mill and packing areas to ensure that the shift runs effectively.
- Implement daily, weekly and/or monthly production plans.
- Ensure the resources are planned and arranged for each production operation including agreeing agency staff and overtime with the Factory Manager.
- Interact with warehouse and maintenance teams for daily requirements.
- Produce weekly line output and efficiency reports for the management.
- Ensure technical policies are complied with by all staff members.
- To run the production operation against set measurable KPI’s covering Efficiencies, Quality, Customer service and Health & Safety.
- To develop and deliver the site manufacturing strategy in line with corporate goals and objectives.
- To drive a culture that ensures continuous improvement and strives for excellence.
- Introducing improvements to existing production processes to improve output and efficiencies
- Actively driving hygiene and health and safety throughout the manufacturing process
- To implement plant and staff utilisation plans
- To be responsible for all shift staff matters in relation to:
- Supervision and management of employees
- Training of staff
- Development of staff and appraisals
- To promote and comply with legislative and business compliance standards including health and safety, environmental and technical
- To ensure the safety of oneself and others at all times and adhere to good health and safety practice
- Any other reasonable duties, responsibility or requests that may be issued by Management from time to time
To be considered for the role, ideally you will be:
- A focused Production based Shift Manager with the tenacity to lead and develop the production team to achieve company goals and objectives
- You will have proven experience in a similar role in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of change management, performance, planning, quality and lean manufacturing Preferably be educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- A strong leader, offering a hands on approach with considerable drive and the desire to achieve with the ability to see the wider picture and understand how to positively influence others
- An excellent communicator with superior interpersonal skills
- An advocate of practical Health & Safety Management
- A natural trouble-shooter, with good commercial acumen and excellent IT skills.
This is shift based production orientated role (working either a 3 wk 12 day pattern, rotating days/nights, averaging a 48 hr week OR a permanent night shift if you would prefer) with benefits including: Healthcare, 5x Salary Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, Company Bonus Scheme and 24 days holiday.
An immediate start is available for the right candidate so if you’re on the job market and looking for a fantastic opportunity in the highly sustainable food manufacturing sector, what are you waiting for?
Do not delay - PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME, Chris Errington on: OR for a confidential career discussion.
If this career opportunity is really of interest and if what you’ve read above has whet your appetite to learn more please call me. I’d much prefer to hear from you by phone initially. Alternatively click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Seriously Connected Ltd., confirm that our Independent Recruitment Specialist’s client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists cannot enter into discussions or offer assistance regarding sponsorship. Due to high volumes of applications in some instances our Independent Recruitment Specialists are unable to respond with individual feedback. Therefore, if you have not been contacted within five working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists may however retain your details for future consideration against other roles they are engaged to work on by their clients.