Quantity Surveyor required, Exeter. Girling Jones are representing a leading building services Contractor developing a commercial team in their Exeter offices. Joining their Western team, you will be based out of one of three regional hubs delivering varied projects generally within the commercial / light industrial sectors. The appointed incumbent would be based within their Exeter office delivering commercial support to projects across the region. On the cusp of a few interesting projects, this position is open due to further internal progression. Should you be looking to join a family business, with great scope for progression and a business the is driven by their values then this is one not to miss.
Our ideal requirements would be someone who:
- Has a good knowledge/technical understanding on either Mechanical or Electrical services (or both).
- Will be able to procure M&E services.
- Understands and can implement cost control within the Client's budget.
- Has knowledge in relation to Contract Law; understanding of JCT, NEC3 contracts.
- Can prepare sub-sub-contract enquiries and complete robust due diligence between submitted tenders.
- Can manage tender reviews.
- Can place sub-sub-contract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved.
- Monitor subcontractors against programme.
- Can undertake monthly project accountability reviews identifying; project performance trends, risks, issues and supporting mitigating activities as required.
- Review and support the negotiation of financial impacts of compensation events with suppliers.
- Can undertake and manage interim payments both upstream and downstream.
- Can prepare tender and contract documentation; plus value engineering exercises.
- Can provide commercial support on agreement of variations, claims and additional payments and monitor, dispute or resolution of risks change control processes.
- Can support the pre-construction and operations teams.
- Has good negotiation skills.
- Are computer literate.
- Has good communication skills and are approachable.
- Are flexible and innovative in terms of commercial approach.
- Has an ability to develop positive relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified in a commercial function, or similar qualification
- Mechanical and Electrical services knowledge
- Full UK Driving licence
- Driven and motivated with a desire to succeed.
We are offering the chance to join a settled and progressive team, offering both a comfortable working environment with progression. In addition, salary will depend on level of experience however is is well above competitors, with all the normal additions including car allowance or company car, pension, health care, etc
Interested? Click apply or call Girling Jones for an informal confidential discussion.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.