Senior Quantity Surveyor, Construction
A well respected multiple Gold RoSPA award winning, commercial construction company, which completes major building projects across the UK is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in King's Lynn, Norfolk to join its expanding team. This position will be based in King’s Lynn and will involve travelling to construction projects as needed. You will receive many benefits such as a company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.
The company of 70+ employees has been running for over 35 years and has 3 offices in the UK. Being a construction company who consider its environmental responsibility it has a long-term strategy to become carbon neutral and has raised money for a number of charities. You would be working for an award-winning construction company, their projects include refurbishments, extensions, full design and built, and commercial projects such as temperature controlled food and beverage facilities and warehouse hubs.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor in construction, your duties will include:
- Playing an active part in the running of each project.
- Assisting other managers as required.
- Monitoring contracts to ensure they are managed in line with requirements.
- Preparing and agreeing interim and final accounts.
- Assisting with estimating and buying department as required.
- Travelling to construction projects.
To be a successful Senior Quantity Surveyor in construction you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in commercial construction.
- Relevant HND / HNC / Degree such as construction management.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using relevant Microsoft and bespoke packages.
- High-level communication and negotiation skills.
In return, the Senior Quantity Surveyor in construction will receive a salary of £50,000 - £65,000 per annum depending on skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.
The job title of ‘Senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.