Project Manager - Construction
My client is looking to recruit a Project Manager.
This is a great opportunity to join a privately-owned building and construction company enjoying continued growth since their inception over 10 years ago.
They are currently working with a number of contractors, developers, and government bodies on various healthcare, commercial and educational developments across Cornwall.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you are responsible for being the link between all site-based activities and the office to ensure that building contracts are delivered on time, to the required standards within budget, whilst maximising client satisfaction.
You will be responsible for working with the Managing Director weekly giving all costs collated to variations on site.
The position of Project Manager holds responsibility for contracts and ongoing relationships with suppliers of materials or services to the company as well as the management and supervision of the contract team and the delegating of tasks accordingly.
- Information technology
- Good knowledge and experience of valuations and financials
- Being technically proficient
- Handling internal work relationships
- Networking · Communication
- Prioritising and working independently
- Organisation and planning
- People management and staff supervision
- Being confident, professional and flexible
- Being a team player
- Being energetic and able to handle stress
- A good working knowledge of contracting and construction contract processes.
- A relevant or construction related NVQ Level 3 or Degree
- A background as a Quantity Surveyor
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
- Professional CSCS qualification
- Previous experience within a construction office environment
In addition to your salary they offer a contributory Company Pension and excellent opportunities for progression and personal development.
If you are interested in this position please send your current CV with a brief cover note detailing your relevant skills and experience.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.