First Line Helpdesk/IT Support
Our client has a current vacancy for a Tier 1 Support Technician located in their Head Office in Camborne.This is a hands-on role which requires someone with existing IT experience in a similar posiiton
The key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- To Provide first line technical support
- Implement planned rollouts, upgrades and maintenance shcedules.
- Monitor backups, anti virus protection, firewalls and email/web usage systems
- Assist operations manager in the production of installation and upgrade instructions
- Answering first line calls into the service desk, logging tickets
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve support issues, working with clients, colleagues and third party suppliers as appropriate, taking ownership of tickets
- Encourage users in making effective use of desk-top systems, products and services, providing details advice and guidance
- Interpret technical manuals and documentation on behalf of client, providing information on the full range of capabilities of systems, products and services.
- Ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to all clients.
- Ensure procedures and policies are implemented
- 12 months previous experience within an IT support role.
- Any formal IT related qualifications
- Experience of Windows Active Directory
- Experience of supporting Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Expert knowledge of PC technology hardware, software, operating systems
- Experience installing, configuring, testing and implementing hardware and software applications
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of problem solving in both hardware and software systems and networks
Desired additional Experience:
- Knowledge of networking and communication concepts
- Ability to support Microsoft server operating systems and server applications
- Ability to support roaming and remote users over a range of technologies
- Experience of managing backup solutions
- Knowledge of:
- Virtualisation products and concepts, 3CX, Watchguard, VM Software, Firewall technologies, VPN and security principles, Cloud based technologies such as Office 365 and Azure, VoIP telephony, software and hardware PBX's
We seek someone who has excellent communication skills, who is organised and who has a full driving license as the role will require travel
Due to supporting 24 hour business system, this is an "on call" environment, so some out of hours may be required