Financial Accountant with ACA
An exciting role has arisen for our client in a fast paced FMCG arena
The main purpose fo the role is to ensure the Business Unit meets all its financial reporting obligations by establishing effective processes, controls and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and timely local monthly management accounts for presentation to the senior management team.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly group reporting submissions.
- Co-ordinate the annual forecasting and budgeting process and prepare templates for timely submission to group.
- Prepare subsidiary statutory accounts and act as primary point of contact, within the business unit, with external auditor
- Consolidate and report weekly key performance indicators to operating board and senior team.
- Review indirect departmental spending with budget holders to ensure cost control
- Work closely with the business and group functions to ensure sales and purchase invoicing issues are efficiently resolved.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and manage business foreign exchange requirements to enable adherence to group hedging policy.
- Manage intercompany balances and transactions reconciliation process, coordinating with group finance and other subsidiaries.
- Maintain fixed asset register and control capital expenditure budget.
- Develop standard business reporting processes within the ERP system to enable future group consolidation.
- Drive financial control and work with the business to ensure adherence to internal audit requirements.
- Ensure adherence from employees to group expense and mileage claim policies.
- Maintain record of research & development spending for tax claim purposes.
- Review and authorise payroll, pension fund and purchase ledger payments.
- ACA qualified with at least +2 years PQE.
- Experience of financial reporting, statutory accounts production is essential.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment is desirable.
- Experience of audit, financial controls review and process improvement is desirable.
- Experience of standard costing is desirable.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with business and external partners
- Ability to communicate succinctly and explain complex financial issues
- A good knowledge of IFRS is essential.
- Competent with ERP systems.
- Minimum intermediate level of Excel required.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good work ethic, proactive, confident and self-motivated
- Organised, able to prioritise effectively and deadline focused.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver under pressure.