Building Surveyor. Permanent, North East
Hays are delighted to be working with a large and well-established private sector organisation to recruit a Building Surveyor on a permanent basis. You will be joining a busy team, who work with a full range of clients from both public & private sector won through either direct award, frameworks or competitive tender. The work can be a varied & a mix of professional surveying work (including condition surveys, party wall, dilapidations, DDA audit, Fire Risk Assessments, etc) and contract work (including repairs, refurbishments & new build schemes).
- Building Surveying Architectural Services
- Project & Cost Management
- Highways & Transportation
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Building M& E Services
- Property Management (inc. rent reviews & valuations)
- Regulatory Services (Planning & Building Control)
The Role and Responsibilities
This role is for a Building Surveyor and they will be responsible for service delivery to a wide range of clients in designing solutions in the private, education, local authorities and other public sector clients. The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Have responsibility for early stage design and feasibility work
- Developing detailed briefs in conjunction with the client and other colleagues
- Carry out site surveys (including measured surveys, condition surveys and defect analysis)
- Carry out detailed design work and assist with preparing tender information
- Deal with/assist with administering building contracts (JCT or NEC)
- Undertake all aspects of professional surveying work (including Condition Surveys, Specific Defect Analysis, PW work, dilapidations, DDA, etc.)
- Undertake Fire Risk Assessments
- Liaise with Clients, Contractors & other consultants (internal and external)
- BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Experience within a commercial Building Surveying environment
- Recently Chartered member of RICS, CIOB, CABE or similar OR currently working towards APC.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with Clients and colleagues
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good AutoCAD skills
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence & use of own vehicle
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work & willingness to travel as may be required.
- Team player
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.