Multiskilled/ Maintenance Engineer
Direct Workforce are working with a leading packaging manufacturer to recruit several skilled engineers with Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Provide a reactive and pro-active maintenance service as per project requirements to all operational equipment.
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers electrical, mechanical, plumbing and building fabric disciplines.
- Carry out modifications and installations when required.
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers where required and clearly communicate technical issues.
- Ensure that work is carried out to a high standard.
- Provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to optimum performance.
- Maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Take ownership of any tools or equipment provided and ensure maintained to an appropriate standard, reporting any defects immediately.
- Provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives.
- Continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Responsible for ensuring own work and work of those under supervision is completed in a safe and diligent manner to ensure regular feedback on issues arising before, during and following activities that are carried out.
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability.
Skills and experience required:
- Electrical or Mechanical qualification required
- Working to Planned Preventative and Reactive maintenance regimes
- Knowledge of safe working practice on electrical/mechanical building services
- Completing Risk Assessment s and Method Statements
- Electrical motors/plumbing work/pipe-fitting
- Experience of fault finding and resolving issues
- Experience of servicing and maintaining general building fabric work
- Able to work overtime as and when required
- Experience of PLC programming would be beneficial
- Manual/ CNC mill setting & operation
Hours of work are 40 hours per week Monday – Friday. Our client can offer a competitive salary - circa £33,000 per annum depending on experience, pension, free parking.