Secondary School 1st/2nd Line IT Support Technician
You will be working for a well-established IT company which provides IT support to the education and private sectors. The role will be as a 1st/ 2nd line IT support technician based in a secondary school (800+ Students) in Bournemouth reporting to the IT manager. You will be responsible for the provision, maintenance and support (but not limited to) desktops, servers, infrastructure, network switches, firewalls, peripherals, printer consumables, telephone systems, mobile devices, wireless networks, interactive whiteboards and displays and all associated equipment as required. Generating and maintaining good documentation and dealing with day to day helpdesk calls.
We are looking for a well-rounded candidate who will be working to ensure staff & pupils receive the highest level of service possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with good technical knowledge, experience working within a school environment and a positive attitude, who can manage tasks and prioritise effectively.
A good working knowledge on the following areas is essential:
- Hardware and software installations
- Set up AV equipment such as projectors, interactive whiteboards and speakers.
- Perform basic server diagnostics.
- Monitor backup system and bring any faults to the Network Manager’s attention.
- Develop a maintenance schedule in conjunction with the Network Manager for all IT hardware and infrastructure and ensure that it is followed.
- Diagnose and resolve faults with end user equipment (PCs, printers, phones, etc.).
- Ensure that users are compliant with the IT Acceptable Use policy.
- Provide guidance to teachers and pupils on the use of IT equipment and of software as required.
- Assist the Network Manager in implementing changes to infrastructure and services.
- Maintain an up to date list of IT assets in the asset management system
- Technical familiarity with IT hardware - must be able to identify and replace components in standard desktops and laptops
- Technical familiarity with Windows desktop operating systems (Windows 7 through Windows 10)
- Understanding of networking principles and associated hardware (switches, routers, firewalls etc)
- Exposure to virtualisation (VMWare and / or HyperV)
- Windows Server operating systems and associated services, including but not limited to:
o Active Directory/ADFS
o Group Policy
o DNS, DHCP
o WDS / MDT /WSUS
o NTFS permissions
Salary and Benefits
- 16-20k / Per annum Pro Rata - depending on experience
- Office hours 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Full UK driving licence and own car required
- Work place pension (subject to criteria)
- Possible travel to customer’s sites - principally in and around Bournemouth & Poole
- Willingness to work outside normal hours to meet customer requirements